Saturday, March 27, 2021

Installing the bottom and bilge panels

Starting to Look Like a Blobster

I crawled beneath the boat, drilled holes, and wired the bottom panel and bilge panels to the bulkheads. Hard work for an old dude like me. I found muscles I had forgotten existed. The posts of all the builders on the Michalak Blobster Sailboat facebook site have been very helpful. I've borrowed ideas from all of them, but I am in awe of their skills. Jim Michalak's plans for the Blobster are really well done, and all the measurements are spot on.




 


Next Steps:

I will apply thickened epoxy to the joints on the bottom and bilge panels. That will prepare the joints to receive fiberglass tape. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done. It looks like your panels meet pretty flush. I had some gaps in mine that I had to work hard to get right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There are some places I will have to do a lot of filling too.

      Delete

Atypical's Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage. It's a great day. I launched Atypical at Sardis Lake. Not much wind, but I was elated that it floated and there were no l...