Thursday, December 17, 2020

Bottom Panels

 Cutting the Bottom Panels

The bottom panels were cut out of 3/8" plywood stacked so both panels could be cut simultaneously. That will make the bottom 3/4" thick. 




Next Steps:

That completes the hull panels and the bulkheads. I have to wait for warmer weather in the Spring to assemble the hull. In the meantime I can build the mast, rudder, and bilge board. I have used all the 3/8" plywood - a total of 11 sheets, and 4 of the 1/4" sheets. All that is remaining is a sheet of 1/2" and a sheet of 1/4". 

2 comments:

  1. You're making great progress. Looking forward to the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to it also. I have gotten lots of inspiration and useful information from the facebook site: Michalak's Blobster Sailboat

      Delete

Atypical's Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage. It's a great day. I launched Atypical at Sardis Lake. Not much wind, but I was elated that it floated and there were no l...