Sunday, January 23, 2022

On the Trailer

Loaded on the Trailer

I was able to load the Blobster on the trailer single handedly with the help of a pulley system I installed in the shed. I made the carpet covered bunks and installed them on the trailer. I also made the doors for the bow and each end of the cabin. I thought finishing them in the natural was a nice touch. 






Next steps:

I have yet to attach the leeboard. It will require some epoxy work inside, so I'll have to wait for warmer weather. I also need to make a cover for the cabin top opening which will snap on. When it warms up I'll pull it outside and set up the mast and the sail. 

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! It would be nice to see the detail of the hard cabin top, especially related to mast and rigging access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll post more about stepping the mast later when I actually do it. The base of the mast will slip into a base that is epoxy glued to the floor. The mast partner will be a bracket attached to the 2x4 roof stringer.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Atypical's Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage. It's a great day. I launched Atypical at Sardis Lake. Not much wind, but I was elated that it floated and there were no l...